When was the last time a light bulb went out at your home? We no longer have to construct a light bulb because of Thomas Edison’s work. Grab a spare or go to the store, and you’re done.
Surely you are aware that Thomas Edison had to make many, many attempts before he came up with the light bulb. When someone asked him whether he was disheartened by his failures, he replied that he was not. There was no failure in his reply: “I’ve discovered another method of how not to create a light bulb”.
There is no such thing as failure, only outcomes. Insanity, according to one definition, is doing the same thing over and again and expecting a different outcome.
We need to make some adjustments to our daily routines if we want our lives to run smoothly.
We, too, have the potential to go out like a light bulb. There are times in our lives when we feel as though there is no light or hope to be found. It’s a bleak scene, to say the least.
Please allow me to shed a little light on this (pun intended). When we’re in the depths of despair, we need light to help us find our way out. While some of us are fortunate enough to have a source of light, others must leave their homes to find it.
Thoughtful thinking may go a long way, but it can only go so far for certain people. Just a little bit of light comes from it. People are in a quandary as to how to use the additional light that is now accessible.
All problems can be solved.
What’s the best way to locate the answer? It’s our choice whether or not we try to figure it out on our own, or whether we look for someone who has previously overcome this difficulty and benchmark their example.
A wide variety of media are available nowadays that might assist us in overcoming the challenges we face in our daily lives. We must study the mistakes of others in order to improve our own lives. There is a lot of wisdom to be gained from those who have been there and done that. We are lucky to have had some of the greatest philosophers in history to look up to.
There’s always room for improvement in our lives. As difficult as it may be at times, there is always hope and assistance available.
When you’re feeling down and life seems gloomy, do something for someone else without any expectations. You may also look to those notable examples in life and use them to get yourself back on track.
Let the light shine within you instead of trying to re-invent the wheel.
1. Think Like A Child. as adults we tend to think in a conditioned way aimed at showing how clever we are. Yet, as children, we were simply spontaneous and far more creative in our thinking. To re-capture your childhood curiosity, allow yourself to just wonder at things, to be completely present in the here and now, and to detach yourself from what you thought was real.
2. Make New Connections. to be innovative doesn’t require a university degree; it simply requires making a connection between existing ideas. It’s when you take two seemingly unrelated items and use the spark of creativity that genius happens.
3. Be A Little Illogical. it is a peculiarly Western trait to want to tie things up in neat bundles. We prefer solutions to problems, and answers to questions. To be creative, you need to be comfortable with things that don’t fit. The Eastern tradition is more in tune with incongruence. As in this Zen Koan, or problem: what is the sound of one hand clapping?
4. Laugh More. humor is one of the greatest creative devices. It jolts us out of our normal patterns and puts ideas together that shouldn’t go together.
5. Think Outside Your Limits. many of the products we take for granted today are the result of people thinking outside their limits. Netflix, the IPhone, Amazon Alexa, Tesla, etc. What about the things that are the topic of wishful thinking today???
6. Adopt and Adapt. to be creative doesn’t require blue-sky thinking. You can still be creative by adapting what works elsewhere. An American airline that wanted quicker turnarounds on their flights adopted the techniques of Formula One pit crews. Another source of ideas is nature. Nature is an excellent teacher.
7. Remember Your Dreams. dreaming and day-dreaming can create a rich seam of ideas, because that’s when we relax and let the subconscious mind work by itself.
Make an attempt to apply these 7 creative thinking techniques and make them part of your daily thinking and new solutions to your problems will open up to you with ease and speed.